Change Is Coming & I'm Excited

Friday, September 7, 2012
Okay, so I have to apologize to those of you who saw the title of my post and got excited thinking I was going to announce something big, lol because that's no what this post is about. Yes there is change in the air, but nothing huge (yet)
 
Today's big change involves this blog and a website we all are familiar with, Facebook! Below is this morning's status update that I posted:
 
There is a saying that I once heard and it is so true for today's technology driven world.
"If the devil can't make you bad, he will make you busy" Over the last few months I
have been in constant prayer about what areas of my life I need to change to become the mother/daughter/sister/friend God has called me to be. I don't want to get to Heaven and
realized I missed an opportunity because I was too busy to see what was right in front of me. I realize that those moments I think to myself I'll just check Facebook "real quick" can sometimes turn into 30 or 45 minutes of getting notifications and answering messages. My perspective on life in general has been changing over the last 8 months since I first went to Ethiopia. God has been molding me and changing me and I am anxious to see what he has in store for me next. I never want to be "good enough" when it comes to what God has called me for, I want to be my best and glorify Him in the process. So with that being said, I am taking a Facebook break for a while. If you need me feel free to e-mail me or text/call
me. If you don't have my phone number just shoot me an e-mail.
 
So there ya have it :-) See I told you it wasn't big, lol but for me it is. I have sadly allowed Facebook to sometimes overshadow other things that should come first, or honestly it just sometimes sucks my time away when I should be focusing on two little people, who grow way too fast for this momma!! I understand that some of you may be thinking "seriously Sarah, it's just Facebook" and you're right it is, but for me, Facebook was sometimes like my drug. I have over 350 "friends" so my news feed could sometimes keep my attention forever reading what was going on with everyone. I found myself waking up in the morning and grabbing my IPhone to see what happen while I slept! Oh my stars I can't believe I just typed that, Ha! Yes, I'm pathetic, lol So you get the point :-) So I have deleted the app off my phone and am taking a break from really getting on period. Don't get me wrong I might get on once a week or something just to see pics of some sweet kiddos I keep tabs on who were in the same transition house as Isaiah in Ethiopia, but for the most part I am done with the big F word, lol
 
I want to focus more on being the person God wants me to be in every area. I don't want to miss anymore precious time with my kiddos then I have to. Being a full time working mom, I already miss out on too much time with my boys, so why allow myself to miss anymore? Even if it is 30-45 minutes once they are in bed on Facebook? Why not spend that precious time with my Father, digging into His word! One thing I have decided is that I am going to start blogging way more. I LOVE how I can go back and read entries that I posted during my adoption process and I want my boys to have the opportunity to read about their lives, our adventures and how God was at work in their lives. I love to write and I have met some wonderful friends through blogging, so why not add the two together!
 
So there ya go! That's the big change as of right now. I don't know what other changes are in store for us, but I am excited to sit back and watch how the Lord is going to continue to work in our lives and am anxious to follow Him where ever He leads us!! I would love some help with the ole'blog as far as a new design/subscribing ability if any of you know someone who does that or can do it yourself. Just leave me a comment or email me at Believe02@aol.com
 
Of course I can't post without including a picture of my two guys!! I seriously still have moments where I can't believe Isaiah is home!! I look at him and can't remember what life was like before he came home :-) It feels like he has always been here!! God is so good!!
 

2 comments

  1. I think that is great! I took a Facebook break for a while, but my business went down. If it weren't for that, I would still be off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! It can be so tempting, since so many old friends are on there, but the update pictures of kids and family will still be there, no matter how long in between the visits. I would have so much more time in my day, with all of the "little checks" I do now.

    ReplyDelete