Instagram Addict (I need an intervention)

Monday, September 10, 2012
So I realize I decided to take a break from Facebook, but I am thinking I should have made that break for Instagram, Ha!! Seriously I love it :-) I finally figured out how to update my IPhone so I was able to get the updated version of Instagram. My camera has been acting up, so all my pictures for a while will probably be phone pics. I think I chose the wrong week to start Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace, lol I don't think there is going to be an envelope marked "new camera for Sarah" Ha!
 
Okay, so check out my little monkey's face!! He was watching Lady and the Tramp for the first time and boy was he concentrating!! I lovingly call this his Ethiopian attitude look :-) While it is cute, let me tell you it can come with some stubborn attitude at times. Isaiah gives new meaning to "strong willed" He definitely keeps me on my knees in prayer for the Lord's wisdom and guidance for that strong will of his!
I took this picture the other day and just could not believe my eyes!! When did my little boy grow up and get so big?!?! He keeps me laughing with his silly personality :-) To say he is a mini me is an understatement. Today we were playing outside and he was riding on his power motorcycle, pretending he was driving down the highway when I heard him say "oh boy I need to find a gas station, my low fuel light just came on" Ha!! I guess he has heard me say that a time or two.
Noah decided to get his non-crafty momma to help him turn this box into a dog house for his Webkinz puppy. By the time we got done with it that thing looked like it belonged in Hollywood for dogs!! Seriously, the front of it has a sun shining, some clouds, a tall tree and a mailbox all cut out of construction paper, and let's not forget his name.
Today was Isaiah's 15 month check up!! Of course he still confuses the staff at the pediatrician's office, since they see him and think he is one advanced 9 month old walking around. Yes he is still pretty small for his age, but I keep reminding myself it will take him a good year to catch up. It just makes me mommy heart so sad to think of what his life was like before he came home? My sweet boy weighed in at 20 pounds 12 ounces and is 30 inches long. He is at the 8th percentile for weight and 15th percentile for height. The pediatrician suggested an early intervention for his developmental delays? I'm not sure how I feel about that, mainly because of his super strong will. Isaiah is the type of kiddo if he doesn't want to do something there is nothing you can do to make him!! So I am really not sure that having someone come to my house and try to work with him would be beneficial for him or the person trying to work with him. I am going to think about it and pray about it before making my decision. I know I can work with him at home myself and my mom is more then willing to work with him when I'm at work. So we'll see. My main concern right now is getting him to gain weight. In 3 months he only gained 8 ounces, which totally blows my mind because I am not exaggerating when I say the boy can eat more then Noah!! We are going back in a month for a weight check and will go from there on deciding if something further needs to be done. Praying he will gain a pound or two before then!!
So if you follow me on Instagram you saw this picture. Isaiah will NOT take a binky for anything. I tried numerous times while in Ethiopia and while on the plane to get him to take one with no luck. I even tried a few different types once we were home, hoping he would take to one, again with no luck. I have had a couple just laying around the house, since buying one of every kind, lol and that little stinker loves to find them, put one in his mouth and then look at me! He won't take one for nap or bed or any other time I try, but put one in his play area with him and he loves it!! Go figure, Ha! Oh and he just loves to try and hijack my best friend's daughter's binky whenever he can!! Strong willed stinker I tell ya :-)
Fall is officially in the air and I am LOVING it!! It is my absolute favorite season of all time and if I could move somewhere where it was fall all year long I would move tomorrow!! Today we enjoyed some time outside while Isaiah slept off his shots. Noah loves riding his motorcycle and was happy to pose for a picture for me. He always ask me are you going to post that on Facebook, lol Oh how things have changed since I was his age!!
Hope ya'll have a great week!! It seems so unfair that my days off seem to always go by so fast, but my work days go so super slow!! Such is life!! We are heading to the Zoo tomorrow, for the first time this year!! I can't wait to see how Isaiah reacts to all the animals. Should be a blast!! I can't wait :-)

2 comments

  1. guess what!
    Iowa has fall all year round.
    see you tomorrow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work for First Steps (KY's early intervention)...let me know if you have any questions about it! Both boys are super cute!! Love Isaiah's face!!

    ReplyDelete