Preparing For Silas!!

Friday, November 5, 2010
November is going to be a busy month for us! Not only am I preparing for our home study, but we are also moving the first week of December!! Our current 2 bedroom home has proven to be too small with an active little boy and even more so with a very active puppy!! So we are moving into a 3 bedroom home and couldn't be happier!!

With our new home both boys will be sharing a room, which absolutely thrills Noah :) I knew I would need to get a new bed for the boys, and it just so happened that last week Ashley Furniture was having an amazing sale on all their furniture. Noah has wanted a bunk bed for the last few months, and has actually been praying for a set :) So needless to say he got super excited when I told him we were going to look at some different beds to pick one out for his new room that he will be sharing with his little brother.

We found the perfect bed!! (after 2 crazy hours in the furniture store, Ha) It is a beautiful dark expresso bunk bed that Noah loved the minute he saw it. Not only is the bottom bunk a full size bed, but it has some great storage underneath as well. I can't wait until it is delivered and we get it set up!! I love thinking about my boys sleeping soundly in their beds, the sounds of giggles and laughter as they go to sleep and the many prayers of thanks that will be said every night before bed. I can't wait until that day!

I am on a small mission to find a matching bed set for the bottom bunk to match the set I recently bought Noah a few months ago. I already have some wall decor as well as curtains that match his bed set, so I am hoping to find a bed set for Silas's bed. I ordered a very special piece of art from Lifeway that I plan on putting in the boy's room. I got so excited when I saw it and knew it would be perfect in their room!! I will be sure and post a picture as soon as it comes in.




Adoption Fund Raising News- I am going tomorrow to work on the design of the adoption shirt and will hopefully have one to bring home and take a picture of to put on the blog for those who would like to order one (or more) in support of bringing Silas home!! So be sure and check back tomorrow for that post!!
A BIG thank you to all of those who have posted the blog link of their facebooks, for those who have already donated money and most of all for all the prayers being said on behalf of this amazing journey!! I can't wait to share with Silas about all those who were praying for him and helping to bring him home quickly!! I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life.
"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you" John 14:18


No comments