Arise Reunion 2010

Sunday, November 7, 2010
My adoption agency held their 2nd annual reunion yesterday. I was so excited to go and to meet all the families that have already brought their sweet children home. It was such an encouragement to hear the families talk about their stories of adoption. The best part was hearing all the amazing ways God worked through all of these adoptions.

I was blessed to sit and talk to a man and his wife who brought home 2 boys from Ethiopia last year. They were able to give me some great advice as well as answer a lot of my questions I had. The best part was watching Noah running around playing with all the kids. It was the sweetest thing and it made me so happy to think of Noah and Silas running around, playing and laughing together once we get him home!!

As I sat there listening to a super sweet couple talking about their adoption process with their daughter and now their two boys who they are waiting to bring home from Ethiopia I was reminded of why I feel such a burden for these children. There are so many sweet and innocent children who are alone, needing a family to call their own. I long for the day I get to meet my son for the first time, and even more for the day I get to bring him home forever!! Until that day though, I continue to think of different fundraising ideas to help get Silas home as soon as I can.

I have been thinking and praying so much about the 147 orphans still out there and what I can do to help? I think sometimes we find ourselves thinking we are too little to do anything, but what we forget is that we serve a BIG God who can do anything. I have something that I have really been thinking and praying about, something that will help get more people involved and educated about the orphan crisis going on. I have a meeting tomorrow to talk to someone about something that has been on my heart and I am hoping it goes well, but like everything else it is in God's hands and if it is meant to happen I know it will. I am just planting those seeds and allowing God to work it out as I know he will. Trust me though, as soon as I know more, you better believe I will be posting about it. I am so excited to think of what this little idea could turn into!!

I know I keep saying it, but seriously, THANK YOU to all of you for your love, support and prayers through this journey!! You will never know how much it all means to me!!

1 comment

  1. I have added your blog to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs. I am so sorry it took me so long! Sometimes life gets plain crazy around here! Good Luck with the rest of your adoption.

    ReplyDelete