Houston We Have Progress!!!

Friday, January 28, 2011
That's right! Progress has been made! Who would have thought I would get so excited, but seriously folks the last few weeks things have felt like they were at a stand still. I got an e-mail from my case worker today saying she had finished the draft version of my home study and had sent a copy of it to my adoption agency for review!!! Like any other crazy adoption momma I immediately e-mailed my agency to verify that they had received it and to see what happened next?!?! The super sweet lady who is helping me prepare my dossier and who is also probably getting tired of getting e-mails from me :) e-mailed me to let me know that the draft would be reviewed and I should know something by Monday as to when it will be officially done!! The next step is to send in my application to USCIS, which I hope to be able to do one day next week.

As far as getting my dossier sent off there are only 2 minor bumps holding me back. The first is I am waiting for verification from my health insurance company stating yes I do have insurance and yes it covers adopted children. The second thing is my life insurance. I am trying to get a letter stating yes I have life insurance. (which is required when adopting) I sent in my payment this week but the lady I spoke with said it could be a few weeks before I am able to get verification, which is beyond frustrating! I am praying I am able to get these documents back soon and get my dossier sent off by the end of February!!!

If you don't mind joining me in praying specifically for these two things, that I am able to get the necessary documents sooner rather then later so I am able to finally get my dossier sent off and on it's way to Ethiopia!!!!! I know God's timing is perfect, and I just keep reminding myself of that.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight"

No comments