Change Of Plans & My Home Study

Wednesday, January 12, 2011
There is a corner in my bedroom that I have been trying to figure out what should go there? For the last few weeks I have gone back and forth with ideas. A chair, a vase w/flowers, a table and to no avail I haven't been able to decide what "fits" in this space.

Around the same time I was having my "corner dilemma" I also started having another dilemma that I seriously started praying about. To no surprise of mine, God worked it out as always :) and answered my prayers loud and clear. When I first started my adoption process I thought it would be perfect to adopt a little boy close to Noah's age. I honestly thought that was a better fit for our little family. So much so that when I first met with my case worker and she asked if I had thought about adopting a child younger I quickly said no.

A couple of months ago God started tugging at my heart about my decision. He began showing me that the special little boy he has waiting for me is not going to be as close to Noah's age as I first thought!! That's right, I have decided to change the age of my little guy. I now hope to adopt a baby boy!! It came as a surprise to me, but God made it crystal clear one night that I made the right decision. Last month Noah and I went to the airport to help welcome home a fellow Arise family who were bringing home their 8 month old little boy from Ethiopia. I can not explain to you the excitement that came over Noah when he saw this sweet baby with his parents. He wanted to run right over to them and start playing with their little boy. Right then and there I knew I was making the right decision.

Since then I have had talks with Noah about bringing home a baby from Ethiopia, and he is so excited!! He is always quick to point out things when we are at Target that he says we need to get for his baby brother. Just tonight when we were cleaning and organizing his room he came across some toy cars that he said would be perfect for his little baby brother :) It made my heart swell with happiness to see how excited he is at the thought of having a baby brother!! Honestly, without that "bump" that came up last month with my paperwork needed for my home study I would not have had time to really pray about changing the age of my future child. So as always, God's timing is perfect!!

So what did I decide would go perfect in that corner?!?! A crib!!! After realizing we would be adding a little one to our family I immediately knew that is why I couldn't figure out what belonged in that corner :)

I have been meaning to post a picture of this print I ordered for Noah's room. I got it a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!! It has one of my favorite verses on it. Matthew 19:14
For those of you who don't know my son, let me introduce you to his OBSESSION!! :) My child has loved trains since he was 18 months old!!! We graduated from Noah being a sole Thomas The Train kid and we have now graduated to Geo Trax!! Of course that means bigger tracks, bigger trains and less room!! Ha!! Just see for yourself!! These things take up his entire floor!! Oh boys and their toys!!
I was almost sorry I didn't take a picture of the "before" room, Ha! Toys everywhere!! Luckily I am super type A and a freak when it comes to being organized, so now EVERYTHING has it's own cube, tub, shelf or basket!! Of course I should warn you I got done with it just in time for my sweet boy to go to bed, so he hasn't had time to attack it yet, LOL Little does he know it has to stay nice and clean until my home study is done.
These are the little toy cars that Noah has declared his baby brother's toys!! I get the biggest smile on my face just thinking about my two boys playing with these cars. I bought these for Noah when he was a baby and I have never been able to bring myself to get rid of them. Never knowing "what" kept me from yard selling them or donating them as I do most of Noah's old toys. Just a reminder God always knew :)
Last bit of news. My home study is THIS Friday!! Yikes :) I can't believe it. I am trying to take the advice of all those who have already gone through this and not freak out, but seriously anyone who knows me knows this is not possible, Ha!! I have been silently stressing about this day, but am also so anxious to get it DONE!! That way all that is left is waiting for my case worker to write her report and then get my dossier finished and SENT OFF!!!! Then the waiting will begin........Psalms 46:10 Be Still and Know I Am God










No comments