Laughter

Friday, January 30, 2015

They've always said laughter was the best medicine. When you are going through the darkness, the sludge of a season, you don't always see it that way. These two girls right here mean so much to me. One of them was my "come over and vent over a bottle of wine" and the other is my sound mind, when I need advice. Both of these ladies point me to Christ and encourage me with their love and words when I'm down or struggling. 

Tonight I got pampered (did I mention they are both amazing hairstylist?) One did my hair and the other did my make up just so I could feel pretty for the day, even if I did just come home to study the night away. Next time I seriously think the three of us need a girl's night :-) As I was sitting at the salon talking with these two, what occurred to me was for the first time in a long time I was laughing, like honest to goodness laughing without a care in the world. What a refreshing time it was for my soul. Even though I am still working through things regarding last year, I can honestly say I am at peace, I am happy, so so happy and so excited to see what this year has in store for me.

You see, even though the three of us still have stuff going on (such is life) we all three find our hope in Christ and not in anything of this world, that is fading away. We know the problems we face on this earth do not own us or define us. Our identity is firmly found in Christ. For that reason we are able to laugh, smile, goof off and just have fun, knowing that whatever we face in life we aren't facing it alone.

Tonight I am thankful for great friends, new seasons, new beginnings, crazy hair and a sweet Savior who loves me and calls me His. 

"She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future"
Proverbs 31:25

No comments