My 2012 Top 10

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Yes I know I should have posted this yesterday like everyone else, lol but the big party animal I am I didn't even make it to the ball drop, lol I enjoyed a dinner out with my family and then came home tucked my boys in bed and hit the hay pretty early :-)
 
I did want to document about our year though, so better late then never right?
 
For those of you who don't know me personally or haven't been reading my blog that long, you won't know that this time last year I was actually in Ethiopia. I actually rang in the new year with my best friend Lesli while flying over the Atlantic Ocean :-) Here were were preparing to leave DC for Ethiopia on December 31, 2011
 
 
One of the best moments of my life! Finally holding my little boy whose picture I had been looking at and praying over for 2 months!! January 1, 2012 was the day I met Isaiah for the first time!
 
Of course I have to give a shout out to my Kentucky Wildcats for winning the national championship!! My boys and I definitely bleed blue :-)
 
During the LONG 15 week wait to go back to Ethiopia my sweet Noah turned 7!!! Seriously, where does the time go?!?! This precious boy made me a mommy for the first time, my little miracle from God!! I am so thankful for him!!
 
After an 18 month journey full of excitement, stress, fear, bumps, joy, Grace and the Lord's Provision on April 21, 2012 Isaiah and I walked through the gates of the airport and were greeted by Noah running up to us before we could even get through the gate, lol
 The sweetest picture of my two boys, finally together!! Poor Isaiah he was exhausted, lol
 
Getting ready for his baby dedication at church. What an amazing feeling it was to be able to stand before my church and the Lord and dedicate my sweet boy to Him and commit to raising both he and his brother in the Lord's way.
 
My first Mother's Day with BOTH of my boys!!
 
It had been my prayer that Isaiah would be home to celebrate his first birthday! The Lord answered that prayer and we had so much fun celebrating with family and friends!!
 
After a crazy adoption journey and two trips to Ethiopia, it was great to get away for the day with my big boy for a day of fun at Holiday World! We had so much fun and made lots of great memories!! That was also the first day Isaiah stayed with a friend of mine for the day and he did great :-)
 
My church's newspaper contacted me and wanted to do a story about myself, my boys and my adoption journey. What a humbling experience that was. I was excited to share with others the amazing ways the Lord provided for my adoption. This is one of the pictures they took for the article. 
 
My mom, sister and I were blessed to be able to go to the opening night of The Story Tour. The first show was at our church and it was AMAZING!! If you ever get the opportunity to go, do it!!
 
After being sick for a year and being diagnosed with a condition that would have caused me lifelong problems, the Lord completely healed me!! I am still in awww and so thankful for the many people who prayed for me during that time!!
 
2012 came with it's fair share of ups and downs, but through it all the Lord was faithful. I am excited to see what He has in store for 2013 (praying it includes a husband, lol) I pray that each of you have a year full of God's blessings and that most importantly you know Him and have a personal relationship with Him!! He loves you so much and is waiting for you :-)

No comments