Sweet Reminders In Scripture

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
I sometimes laugh at myself for even having a blog. Not only because I am at times one of the most random blog posters (is that even correct English, lol) but also because I feel like I never have the words to express what it is going on through my head and my heart. I guess that is why at least 2-3 times a week I sign on with every intention of writing a post, only to sign off without every actually doing it. When I started this blog it was really just to keep a timeline of the adoption for myself, but now almost a year later I see that through this blog I have "met" some wonderful people who have come alongside me in this journey and encouraged me in ways only God knew I needed.

For anyone who has or is adopting you know that with every step forward, there at times can be 10 steps back!! Over the last 2 weeks I have been getting knocked down more then I have been stepping forward. Yesterday marked 3 months since my dossier arrived in Ethiopia!! From the beginning I knew it would take 3-6 from arrival date to receive a referral. So needless to say I have been getting a little excited. Last week I found out that it is now looking like it will be closer to the full 6 months before I get to see that precious face!! While I know this entire adoption is in God's hands and that just as he says he makes everything beautiful in his timing, I was disappointed to know I may not see that face until closer to the end of the year. Of course I already have one super cute face I get to see, kiss and love on everyday :) Seriously, it that kid cute or what! He is so excited about getting to finally see a picture of his brother. To hear him pray for Silas every night and to see him find old toys that he no longer plays with and immediately tell me we need to save those for Silas just melts my heart.


Last night during my bible study my friend shared a verse with the class. "Do not grow weary in well doing, for you will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time" Gal 6:9 Those words spoke so deep in my heart. The last few weeks have been a struggle for me in different areas, and it was a beautiful reminder of God's many promises to us. The neatest thing was I received a e-mail from another friend today who quoted that exact same scripture to me!! Can we say God is speaking!!

Those words bring such peace to me, for I know that all the stress and struggle now will bring my little boy home in the Lord's timing. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by believers who encourage me, support me, pray for me and love through all the ups and downs of adoption. Some I have never met, others I have known a short time but yet each and every one of you have touched my life in ways that I will always remember and never let go of.

The Lord tends to give me beautiful reminders that he is near, he is watching over Silas and he is leading this adoption every step of the way, until the day Silas is in my arms forever. Take a look at this picture I snapped with my IPhone on the way home from one of my Both Hands meetings. Such a small glimpse into what awaits us all who put our faith and trust in Jesus!!









No comments